Mobile Menders is a volunteer group who is dedicated to providing free sewing and mending services around the Twin Cities area. Our goal is to provide clothing repair to those in need. We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to have clothes that fit and are in good shape.
We shared an idea to make the world kinder and now need your support! This month, we have an exciting opportunity to receive $10,000 in meaningful funding. Here's where you come in...
What is this about?
What is this about?
- I am participating in KIND Causes - a program form The KIND Foundation that supports ideas aimed at making the world a little kinder.
- Each month, The KIND Foundation grants $10,000 to people spreading kindness to those in need.
- The entry that receives the most votes will unlock the funding.
- Before the end of October, please consider voting for my cause here: Mobile Menders KIND Cause
- Each vote will bring us one step closer to receiving the grant.
- By voting you're committing to doing a "kind act" or good deed of your own. The thought here is that small acts make a BIG impact, and we can all benefit from paying it forward.
Mobile Menders is holding a fundraiser through GoFundMe to help raise funds to continue their volunteer effort of sewing and mending. If you would like to donate, please click on the "donate" button below and it will direct you to the GoFundMe website.
Mobile Menders now has an Amazon Wish List. It's another way you can donate to help out our mending cause.
Sewing mends the soul
Imagine if you received a pair of pants, but they were too long or a pair of shorts that were missing a button. Now imagine if you were fighting homelessness and these were your only pair of pants or shorts and you had no idea how to get these repaired.
What if you are trying to get back on your feet and in a recovery program, you have a job interview but the only pair of nice pants you have are ripped.
A single mom with two kids trying to start over after leaving an abusive situation. Your kids have received donated clothes but they are too long.
This is where Mobile Menders come in. Having a pair of pants and a shirt that fits increases your self esteem.